Hey, we’ve got some amazing news for you!
You’re in for a treat, because going vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up on your sweet tooth!
In fact, there are lots of vegan sweets available in the UK. You can even fnd some of them at your local supermarket!
But you have to be careful when buying as many sweets contain animal-derived products.
Animal-derived ingredients you want to avoid:
- Carmine or cochineal – an animal product from the shells of beetles that used a red colouring pigment
- Beeswax – used to give sweets a shiny and smooth look, as a sweetener, or as a basis for gums
- Gelatine – from the skin of connecting tissues in cows and pigs, and is mostly used in sweets and gums to enhance its dissolving effect in the mouth.
- Lard – a solid white fat from the fatty tissues of pigs, and is used as a shortening when baking
- Confectioners glaze – contains about 35% of shellac, a resin from female lac bugs. It is used as a preservative
- Bone char – from charred animal bones, and is used as a filter to decolourize sugar cane and get the desired white colour in sugar
Here are some of the best vegan sweets available in the UK!
NB; While we strive to give you reliable information, labels can change from when we gave this information. It is important that you DOUBLE-CHECK every time you are buying vegan sweets.
The Conscious Candy Company UK
The Conscious Candy Company has a wide variety of sweets to offer, all 100% vegan. Apart from the recently launched fried egg sweets, the company also sells banana foams, love hearts, cherry cola bottles, sour shocks, fizzy strawberries, among others. You can buy in grams, kgs, or have a monthly subscription
Starburst Fruit Chews
By the way, with all those sweets, make sure you take care of your teeth with a good vegan toothpaste 😉
Whatever kind of sweet you want, Little Vegans company probably has it. And, as a vegan-focused company, you can enjoy your gummies with no worries.
From fizzy cola bottles to Dracula teeth, meerkats to sweet hampers, Heavenly Sweets has plenty of vegan sweets you can rely on. All the sweets varieties are 100% vegan and certified.
The Jealous Life company is all about bringing sweetness to your mouth without harming any animals. Their sweets are plant-based, sugar and gluten-free and finger-licking sweet.
While you will not have a million flavours to choose from, you still get 9 flavours of sweets at your disposal. All these flavours and vegetarian, made from real fruit juice and approved by the vegetarian society.
Haribo Assorted Sweets
You didn’t expect such a treat, right? At Vegomm, we’re quite happy to see brands such as Haribo offering vegan options! By the way, have a look at our selection of (healthier) vegan biscuits. You’re up for some nice surprises as well!