It would be an understatement to say that Charlotte Tilbury is one of the world’s favourite makeup brands. It’s gained a bit of a cult following over the past few years amongst celebrities and makeup influencers, with founder, Charlotte Tilbury MBE, gaining status as one of the most impressive makeup artists of our time. There is no surprise why charlotte tilbury's pillow talk dupes has rapidly become one of the most popular and well-loved shades across the world. But the magic question remains. Is Charlotte Tilbury cruelty-free and vegan in 2023?
We’ve put together this handy guide to help you shop for Charlotte Tilbury products with ease, with all you need to know about the brand’s vegan and cruelty-free credentials.
- Is Charlotte Tilbury makeup cruelty-free?
- Is Charlotte Tilbury vegan?
- Five vegan Charlotte Tilbury products
- How to find vegan and cruelty-free makeup brands: Top tips
Is Charlotte Tilbury makeup cruelty-free?
You’ll be pleased to know that according to the official Charlotte Tilbury website, the brand is cruelty-free! According to the website, a cruelty-free commitment has been followed since 2013, and it’s since been Leaping Bunny approved.
This is verified by the official Cruelty Free International website, with CEO Michelle Thew saying:
“I am thrilled to be partnering with Charlotte Tilbury Beauty and bringing great cruelty free choices to consumers everywhere.”
So, there we go! Cruelty-free shoppers, Charlotte Tilbury can be added to your list of approved brands.
Note: Don’t forget to keep checking the Charlotte Tilbury and Cruelty Free International websites to ensure you’re in the loop with any updates. Brands can change their manufacturing processes and commitments, so it’s always best to keep up to date!
Is Charlotte Tilbury vegan?
Charlotte Tilbury may be cruelty-free, but is it vegan? This is a more complicated question to answer, and there are two parts to think about:
- Is Charlotte Tilbury cruelty-free?
- Does Charlotte Tilbury commit to only using vegan makeup formulas?
As we’ve discussed, the answer to the first question is a yes.
The second is a little more difficult to answer. Not all Charlotte Tilbury makeup is vegan, but many products are. In fact, the makeup brand is known for having a wide range of vegan makeup products, which you can take a look at here. Whether you’re looking for a vegan foundation or brow gel, Charlotte Tilbury has you covered!
Nevertheless, not all products are vegan-friendly. As a result, the brand cannot be considered 100% vegan.
With this in mind, your decision to shop there will depend on whether you only buy from 100% vegan brands. Many people do, but many other vegans are comfortable buying from brands as long as the product itself is vegan and cruelty-free.
Five vegan Charlotte Tilbury products
To help you find Charlotte Tilbury products with vegan-friendly formulas, we’ve compiled a list of products listed as ‘vegan’ on the brand’s website.
Note: Before you purchase or use any of the products listed here, please don’t forget to double-check their ingredients or labelling. It’s always important to make sure you’re 100% confident that a product is vegan before buying it.
Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Vegan Foundation
According to the Charlotte Tilbury website, Charlotte’s Beautiful Skin Foundation has a vegan-friendly formula. It’s also available in a plethora of shades, packed full of hydrating ingredients and available to buy here.
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Diamonds Vegan Lipstick
Another vegan-friendly product is the Pillow Talk Diamonds lipstick, with an illuminating glow and microcrystalline wax, a vegan substitute for beeswax. You can take a look for yourself here.
Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Vegan Lipstick
If you’re looking for a brighter, bolder vegan lipstick, Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips could be the one for you! This matte lipstick comes in a variety of popping colours, with a matte formula that makes it perfect for everyday wear. You can choose your favourite tone here!
Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow
Want that perfect, airbrushed look? This vegan-friendly Brightening Youth Glow is here to illuminate your skin, with added moisturiser, natural oils and plant extracts. Get your Brightening Youth Glow here!
Charlotte Tilbury Glossy Black Mascara
Unfortunately, not all mascaras are vegan-friendly. However, thanks to Charlotte Tilbury, you can give your lashes extra length without worry! The Full Fat Lashes mascara is a 5-in-1 product with synthetic beeswax for that volumising effect. It’s available to buy here.
Which vegan Charlotte Tilbury products have taken your fancy? Get in touch to let us know, and don’t hesitate to keep us updated if you find any other vegan-friendly makeup brands worth knowing about!
How to find vegan and cruelty-free makeup brands: Top tips
Imagine you’re browsing the shelves for a new foundation, lipstick, or highlighter – but you just have no idea which ones are vegan and cruelty-free. Shopping for makeup can be frustrating, right? Right!
That’s why we’ve summarised some of our top tips below to help you find cruelty-free makeup with ease, whether you’re shopping online or in-store.
- Keep up with vegan blogs! Many beauty blogs and influencers make it their mission to keep up to date with cruelty-free and vegan makeup brands, and will let you know when they find some must-have products! Simply search online for vegan and cruelty-free makeup blogs, or take a look for influencers via your social media accounts.
- You can check out a range of cruelty-free makeup brands via the Cruelty Free International website. From cleaning products to makeup and toiletries, you can find a whole host of brands that have adapted their manufacturing methods and ingredients to become Leaping Bunny certified. However, do remember that a brand may be Leaping Bunny verified, but not necessarily vegan.
- Head to the ‘vegan’ or ‘cruelty-free’ section in makeup shops. Thanks to the rising demand for vegan and cruelty-free makeup, many pharmacies and beauty shops now have dedicated sections for products that meet these criteria. Don’t forget to double-check the products if you’re not sure, just in case they’ve been put in the wrong section accidentally.
Of course, you can always stay in the loop here at Vegomm! We’re passionate about making life easier for vegans, with our range of helpful guides, advice articles and top tips. Whether you’re looking for the best vegan restaurants in the UK or searching for vegan-friendly fashion, we’ve got you covered!